Work Study

INterested in becoming a work-study for the Veteran ServiceS Office?

 To be eligible: 

You must be a full-time or 3/4-time student in a college degree, vocational, or professional program here at Charlotte as well as under the following programs:

  • Post-9/11 GI Bill--(38 U.S.C. Chapter 33) (Veterans and transfer-of-entitlement recipients)
  • Montgomery GI Bill--Active Duty (38 U.S.C. Chapter 30)
  • REAP Participants
  • Montgomery GI Bill--Selected Reserve (10 U.S.C. Chapter 1606)
  • Post-Vietnam Era Veterans' Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 32)
  • Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (38 U.S.C. Chapter 35)
  • Eligible dependents under 38 U.S.C. Chapter 35 may use work study only while training in a State.
  • National Call to Service Participants
  • Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Program -- (38 U.S.C. Chapter 31)


 How much do you earn?

You’ll earn an hourly wage equal to the Federal minimum wage or your State minimum wage, whichever is greater. 

You may elect to be paid in advance for 40% of the number of hours in your work-study agreement, or for 50 hours, whichever is less. After you’ve completed the hours covered by your first payment, VA will pay you each time you complete 50 hours of service OR bi-weekly, whichever comes first.

To Apply:

To apply to a work-study position here at UNC Charlotte, please download and fill out this FORMas well as a current resume and email both documents to or in turn the documents in person to our office, located at Barnard 103.

Applications are currently OPEN for the Fall '21 Terms.    

 For more information: 

Please click here